Wednesday, October 21, 2009

String Theory

I've found the clothing equivalent of the mullet.



Business in the front.



Skanky in the back.

The shredded look isn't exclusive to Guess - Forever 21 brings us the top below. I'm not sure when this became a trend, but apparently, it's a thing.



Now, maybe it's just me, but I'd totally put my head through one of the strings by accident. That was always the problem I had with ripped jeans, and that was a problem I had when I could see where my feet were supposed to go. I can't imagine a shirt would be any easier.



I'm not sure what the purpose of those grommets are, but I'm sure they're structurally vital. They wouldn't just be there, superfluously showing off skin, right? Surely not.



Here's a nice change of pace: revealing the sides, rather than the back. Which is great, because I've always wanted to better showcase my stretch marks.



Although, I will say, I don't hate the strings on the shoulders. Granted, they don't leave much room for a bra strap, but it's a nice change from cap sleeves. Doesn't change the fact that I am not a fan of the side panels. I wonder if you can draw them closed, like slatted window blinds.

Guess Ballet Neck Tube Tee - $23.40
Guess Jeanette Dress - $79
Forever 21 Grommet Fringe Back Top - $19.80

No comments:

Post a Comment