Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Kids Are Alright

It's been a long time since I was a tween. A long time. So maybe I've forgotten something, with the haze of the many, many intervening years.



I am, however, pretty sure that the upper arms of preteens are not more impervious to cold than their forearms.



I'm not going to criticize the shirts, because ultimately I can totally see a little 11-year old Amanda wanting to pull off this mini-rocker thing. As a tween, I lacked the self awareness to realize that I was not, in fact, a badass (case in point: previously mentioned flannels).



But seriously, won't their upper arms get cold? Won't their forearms get hot? And how do the arm socks stay up? Do they come with garters, Silk Spectre-style? Do they have elastic? If they are arm socks, does one always get lost in the dryer, like foot socks? I have so many questions about the engineering of this shirt, and so few answers.

Amended to add:
There are thumb holes in the arm socks - does this maybe help with the rigging apparatus? Does a pre-made thumb hole make it more punk? Wouldn't they impede any guitar playing, and therefore any actual rocking?

I must investigate this further.

Justice Graphic Tee With Armsocks

No comments:

Post a Comment