Monday, November 9, 2009

Nautically Inspired

I was going to make a whole post about how this jacket is ugly and ridiculous. Then I read the description on the ModCloth site.



I've always had a thing for naval-inspired clothes. Okay, maybe I didn't start raving about their glory the day I was born, but their grandeur was certainly my favorite topic from the time I was a few days old. Yes, of course I can remember that - no comments from the peanut gallery! This age old adoration makes it no secret why I love this navy, naval jacket. I know that I'll look shipshape wearing this lined, wool blend jacket over a cute tent dress. Yep. Once I button this blazer's ornate, crest-adorned, pewter buttons, I'll be in command of a great look. The graceful, swooping cut of its front and the kick pleat at its back will give me a cute silhouette, while its decorative red piping and mandarin collar will give me a look that's all 'a-boat' looking streamlined. There are oceans of possibilities when it comes to styling this jacket. For an afternoon at the docks, I'll slip this on over my boot cut jeans and a lace-trimmed cami. Or, for a more formal occasion, I'll wear this open, over a chiffon dress paired with kitten heels. Yet again, I might don this for a costume party. With a pair of white slacks and a skipper hat, this jacket would sure make everyone 'stam-marine' in awe. This is one jacket I'll always love - for me, styles this superb will never be a fleeting fancy. -Hannah, Fashion Writer

This is why you shouldn't wear the jacket.

ModCloth Admiral-ably Attired Jacket – $64.99

3 comments:

  1. "decorative red piping" oh Hannah, you kill me

    ReplyDelete
  2. fyi 141 people "love this" and it is sold out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I choose to ignore what people "like" on Modcloth, because if I listened to them, I'd be more than a little horrified.

    ReplyDelete