Monday, December 14, 2009

The Sheath Unleashed

This dress is so deceptively classy.



From the front, it looks like a simple shift dress. Elegant. Classy. The kind of thing that's surprisingly hard to find, at major department stores.



And in the back, it's pure hippie. Seriously, the back has a crocheted pattern. I don't know if anyone has ever looked at a sheath dress before and thought, "Y'know, this could use more macrame," so power to the designer for that kind of creativity. And I guess they accomplished their goal of creating an unexpected take on a shift dress.

However, accomplishing a goal doesn't mean that goal was worthwhile in the first place.

ModClothNot So Simple Shift Dress - $64.99

3 comments:

  1. It is called the "Not So Simple Shift Dress"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured this one would be a less popular opinion, but man, I really just don't like crochet detailing. I don't mind a different take on a little black dress - if it had a plunging back or something, I would've been okay with that. It's just the crocheting I don't like.

    ReplyDelete