Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Confused

I am not ashamed to admit it.



I do not understand this tank top. I'm completely lost. I've even googled the phrase "Life on the moon isn't easy," but nothing came up. What the hell does it mean?

I feel like I'm looking at a New Yorker cartoon. That's how confused I am.

Why do these women not have eyebrows or noses? Why are they talking about how hard it is to live on the moon? Do they live on the moon? Are they considering moving to the moon? What makes living on the moon hard? Is it the lack of atmosphere and weak gravitational pull? The absence of water? The fact that it's a three day commute to get to the nearest mall? Is there a high crime rate on the moon? Is the unemployment rate on the moon skyrocketing? Are you bored of the amusement park?

I'm not arguing that living on the moon isn't hard, but that's mostly because, as far as I'm aware, one cannot live on the moon. Since, apparently, these women are having a discussion about it, the situation must not be as cut and dry as I imagined.

I'd like a follow-up tank, one that gives this one a little more context. Maybe a response from the other girl along the lines of, "Yeah, ever since the moon's currency weakened, it's been almost impossible to find jobs." Or, "Well, sure, because space suits make my hips look fat." I'll take pretty much anything, as long as it's an answer.

Forever 21 Life On the Moon Tank - $12.80

4 comments:

  1. Is is in reference to having your head in space / spacing out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. they should make a series! that way people can buy different ones and then create their own comic strip!

    but, wow...what does it mean???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you mean? This is nice and stylish printed Tank Top. I personally like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many tops design liked this! They just said, it is their style! Being a fashion designer means to design your Next occasion wear

    ReplyDelete