Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Feets

I spend a lot of time shopping online for clothes and shoes. I also have this Amazon account where, if people buy through this site - or even click through to the products - I get money. So, yes, this is part of my ongoing attempt at actually managing to make some money off the internet.

But it's also a chance to post shoes. And does one really need an excuse for it?

So, here's my latest attempt: Friday Feet, the first installment.



First up: these Jessica Simpson flats. Like I said before, I tried really hard to hate Jessica Simpson's clothing and shoe lines, but I can't do it. Yeah, the giant bow is a little too precious for my taste, but I love the studs.


I actually got these the other day during a burst of "It's spring!" shopping. I bought them in pink from Boomingdales, but if you're interested in the black or white, they're available at Endless.com by clicking on the image.

And finally ...


Yes. They're expensive. But I've become obsessed of late with finding a good pair of nude platform round-toe heels (I'm very specific), and these are the nude platform round-toe heels I've been dreaming of for weeks. These shoes are the reason I'm posting these shoes ... in the hopes that enough of you will click through and buy, so that I may click through and buy, and then wear these shoes everywhere, regardless of how appropriate it is.

So, there you have it. Friday Feets. Love it? Hate it? Should I delete the post and scrub all mention of it from the history books?

Let me know in the comments, via email, or on the fan page. And if you have any suggestions for next week's, pass them along, too.

5 comments:

  1. I like it! In fact, I'm looking forward to a catty scathing of someone trying to pass off knee high gladiator cage shoes/heels/espadrilles as something other than bondage gear. Because that's what they are - every incarnation of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, too!

    If, while you're at it, you could find me the perfect pair of *comfortable* flats that I can wear with my light-coloured spring/summer clothes and that don't necessitate the use of tights to avoid horrible, horrible blisters, you would be my new best friend and probably stay that way forevermore.

    Seriously, I want to wear my pretty skirts to work this spring and I'd like to avoid wear sandals if at all possible (I have big, scary, pancake feet; they're quite functional, but not pretty).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vorsaga - Ooh, bondage, good point. I hadn't thought of that angle. In the meantime, here are some Forever 21 high heeled gladiators, and here's some weird gladiator/flip flop hybrid.

    @Jaclyn - I'll hunt around, although I'm still working on finding a good pair, too. I just got some J.Crew ballet slippers, but they don't have enough arch support to be really comfortable. I'll keep up the search, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have also been looking for that "perfect" pair of nude, round-toe pumps...and I think those may have stepped right out of my imagination!!! So, you have impeccable taste in pumps...now only if I could justify spending $300 on a pair of shoes...

    ;)
    Thank you for your new idea for witty Friday posts! I LOVE SHOES TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kate - Thanks! Yeah, they're the platonic ideal of nude, round-toe pumps. It's just the price point that kills me - although, the pair of Stuart Weitzmans I do own (thanks, Bluefly!) are ridiculously comfortable, and making me think the heels are worth it.

    ReplyDelete